Imagine waking up day after day and having your yard look perfect. Impossible? Think again! By installing artificial turf, you’ll have a beautiful yard every day. Artificial grass is made up of synthetic fibers that look like natural grass and is offered in various styles.
When choosing artificial turf for your projects, you’ll want to consider how the area will be used. Is it a high activity area or a low activity area? How much foot traffic do you expect in the area? Will pets use it? Is there good drainage, or is the area prone to standing water? How much sun will it get? A Turf Monster professional can help you choose the style of artificial lawn for your project.
3 Benefits of Artificial Grass Over the Real Thing
There are so many benefits to artificial grass! Besides the apparent benefit of no longer spending your weekends mowing and edging your lawn, synthetic grass benefits homeowners in many ways. For example:
- Artificial grass comes with a weed-proof foundation that doesn’t attract pests to your lawn. Without the soil to grow, your yard will be free of weeds and pests like insects, raccoons, and snakes.
- An artificial lawn doesn’t require water to thrive. Which, living in the Phoenix desert, is ideal. Avoid high water bills and save money each month by having our team of experts at Turf Monsters installs a synthetic lawn for your home.
- Did you know a high-quality artificial grass lawn can last up to 20 years? Make the investment one time and enjoy it for many years to come.
Tools & Materials:
When thinking about how to install artificial grass, you’ll need to consider the list of tools & materials you’ll use. You’ll find you already have many of the tools listed around the house. Still, specific turf materials like a weed barrier, gravel aggregate, crushed stone aggregate, seaming cloth, outdoor carpet adhesive, landscape anchors, and the artificial grass itself are not often found in the garage. That’s why it’s best to let our team at Turf Monsters handle the back-breaking tasks of installing artificial grass for you.
How to install artificial turf, the standard tools needed are:
- Safety goggles
- Garden gloves
- Garden hose
- Landscape rake
- Broadcast spreader
- Utility knife
- Tape measure
- Hand tamper
- Weed barrier
- Gravel aggregate
- Crushed stone aggregate
- Artificial grass
- Seaming cloth
- Outdoor carpet adhesive
- Landscape anchors
- Hot-dipped galvanized nails
- Silica sand
How to Install Artificial Turf on Dirt
Common questions we hear at Turf Monsters are how to lay artificial grass, how to install turf and how to seam artificial turf. Knowing how difficult it is to lay turf that will last for years, we recommend that you have a professional install your new fake lawn.
When considering how to install turf grass on dirt, you’ll first want to check with your homeowner’s association to verify synthetic grass is allowed in your community. Once you’ve been given the go-ahead, give us a call!
When we install artificial grass at your home, we will follow these steps:
- We will prepare the surface where the artificial turf will be placed and then lay a weed barrier over the dirt.
- We will add, rake and smooth the gravel or crushed stone aggregate over the weed barrier.
- The base is almost ready! The aggregate now needs to be tampered down with a plate compactor.
- Once the base is ready, synthetic grass is positioned carefully over the treated surface and trimmed where needed. To connect artificial turf rolls, we will seam the edges and use a hammer to secure the seaming cloth with landscape anchors and galvanized nails. Once we apply adhesive and connect the seams, there are only a few more steps!
- After the grass is laid and the seams are connected, we add nails around the perimeter to make the synthetic turf secure and flat. To keep the fake grass weighed down, infill is added deep down into the grass.
- Now it’s time to sit back and enjoy your lawn!
How to Install Artificial Turf on Concrete
How to install artificial grass on concrete? Like installing artificial grass on dirt, installing synthetic grass on concrete requires important questions to consider before getting started. It’s best to have a professional examine your concrete to make sure it is suitable for laying down turf. You don’t want to be stuck with standing water that will affect your newly laid artificial grass. A Turf Monsters professional can ensure the drainage of your concrete area is adequate for fake grass.
From cleaning the concrete to installing drainage holes and foam underlay, installing artificial turf on concrete can be a physical and daunting DIY project. To ensure your new fake lawn is installed correctly the first time, we recommend hiring a professional.
Cleaning & Maintaining Your Fake Lawn
Perhaps the number one reason people choose to get artificial turf is because of how easy it is to clean and maintain. We recommend cleaning your yard with a compact leaf blower! A leaf blower will not only remove any leaves from your turf lawn, it will also remove any dust or dirt that has settled. With minimal effort, unwanted debris will be easily removed.
Because pet clean-up is so easy on an artificial lawn, pet owners often search “how to install artificial grass for dogs.” As pet lovers ourselves, we make sure to install all of our turf with animals in mind!
Looking for more cleaning tips? Check out our top 3 tips for maintaining your new artificial lawn.
If thinking about how do you install artificial turf makes you overwhelmed or stressed, leave it to our team of professionals at Turf Monsters! We promise it will be a seamless process from the first phone call to when the project is complete. You can sit back, relax and feel good about saving yourself time and energy by hiring a professional. Start enjoying your weekends again by giving our team a call today!